NEWS UPDATE: Police In Benue Nabs 26-years-Old Woman For Stealing 6Weeks Old Child - Reflextunes

All round entertainment Hub

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

NEWS UPDATE: Police In Benue Nabs 26-years-Old Woman For Stealing 6Weeks Old Child

Share This

   The police at E Division Makurdi the Benue state capital have napped a 26-years-old woman, Devine for stealing a six weeks old baby.
   The abductor, Devine was said to have stolen the child named Doochivir Ukeyima, at number 26 Tony Odu street, Gyado Villa Makurdi and was trying to escape when miss Hembadoon Tersoo, 10 years, alerted the mother of the incident.
   Swiftly, the mother of the child, Mrs. Doris Ukeyima who was weeding behind the house raised alarm, which led to arrest of the abductor by vigilante group.
   Narrating the ordeal to The Guardian yesterday Friday in Makurdi, father of the abducted child, Mr. Ukeyima Samuel said the incident took place Thursday around 11 am.
   His words: "I was already at my place of work when I received a called to come home that somebody has stolen my child but the person has been arrested by the Vigilante in the area."
   "From what I gathered the lady came to the house through a bush path behind our house. "My wife left the child alone in the house and was weeding the premises. "This lady then went straight into my house and carried the baby but unknown to her, a ten years old girl from my neighbor's house was watching her."
   "It was the girl who alerted my wife and she raise alarm leading to the arrest of the woman.
   But, gibing her side of the story, the suspect, said she was in the state for 'wrongs.'  When asked the kind of wrongs, the lady who gave her name simply as Devine, told The Guardian that she was in Makurdi to do prostitution. 
   She explained that she was lodging at Ejja Hotel along Gboko road and only came to the area to visit her friend Blessing who told her she is living around the area.
   She however could not explain what she was doing with the child but simply apologized for forgiveness. 
   But police sources handling the case said they were still investigating the matter.
   "Please I don't want you to use my name in paper, but what I can tell you now is we are doing our investigation.
   "We are yet to establish the case, but we have been trying to get people connected to the suspect to verify certain information", the police source said.
   But when contacted Police spokesperson Benue state command Moses Yamu said, "I don't have that report yet, I will have to find out."

No comments:

Post a Comment